Friday, November 9, 2012

...empty nest blues

I sold my last motorcycle today.
Its a sad day indeed.
I have had as many as 7 bikes at any one time in the garage in the last few years. Some ride-able  some projects, some ride-able projects.
Slowly; I've either lost interest, finished and sold them or just plain gotten rid of them one by one.
I also sold my mountain bike...
I think I was more sad to see that one go.
Its amazing what you don't need here in Key West.
I am keeping the Vespa though. White lightning is running as good as ever.
It really rattles alot but its a good ol' scoot... Its gonna rust out like everything does around here. It's kind of a shame as the Vespa is 34 years old. But all good things will pass. Like owning a fleet of motorcycles or too many bicycles... or living in Key West...
Although the wife reminded me today why I sold the bike.... it was to finance a little fishing boat...
so keep a watchful eye out for the next installment... afloat!

No comments:

Post a Comment